Invite a new kind of energy into your dance experience
Does memorising sequences sometimes feel more like an obstacle to overcome than the gateway to inspirational dancing? Then this workshop is for you!
To dance well – and more importantly, to enjoy dancing well – we need to feel relaxed and confident. Then we give ourselves the freedom to channel the heart and soul of belly dancing so that its energy flows with ease throughout every movement we make. Feeling stressed about which move comes next is a surefire way to disrupt the harmony between body, mind and soul that belly dancing should nourish.
Learning how to improve your recall and connect your brain memory with your muscle memory will help you to:
- Harness your innate ability to remember information… in this case, choreographed routines!
- Smooth out any little glitches during transitions between techniques as you enable moves to flow organically one after another
- Unlock your improvisation potential… less stress equals more creativity!
- Bring mindfulness to your dancing with the freedom to immerse yourself fully in each moment
- Relax and enjoy everything about ‘just dancing’!
A holistic approach to movement memory
Using specially designed exercises, analysis and self-development techniques, and ending with a guided meditation, this workshop will show you how you can start implementing a holistic approach to memory improvement in your regular practice. Over time, with a little patience, commitment and consistent application, you’ll be able to use these techniques to overcome those limiting beliefs that have no place in your dancing journey 🙂
What you’ll need:
- An open mind! This workshop is ideal for those with an interest in holistic health and wellbeing
- A blanket / cushion / eye mask for the guided meditation at the end of the workshop (there will be some yoga mats in the studio but you may wish to bring your own)
- The desire to overcome limiting beliefs about your memory that you feel are holding you back
- Your smile 🙂
This workshop is now fully booked
|Class Type:||Workshop (one-off event / class)|
|Location:||Nuffield Health Club, 9 Endell Street, WC2H 9SA|
|Tube station(s):||Covent Garden / Holborn / Leicester Square|
|Class type:||Workshop (2.5hr)|
|Date:||Sunday 15th July 2018|
Let your inner world manifest more easily into your outer reality by planting seeds with us this summer. Allow your movement memory to start changing from THIS time onward!
Book your place today
Entry to the venue is up to 15 minutes before class start time. Please sign in at reception on arrival (you don’t need to be a member of Nuffield) then head to the studio to dance with us!
Please note: Students may use the gym’s changing rooms and dance studio, but the use of any other facilities (e.g. showers, swimming pool etc.) is not permitted by the venue.
Disclaimer: As with any form of exercise, be sure to listen to your body and only do what feels comfortable for you. Your instructor will guide you safely through each class, but please note that you are responsible for your personal health at all times. Speak to your doctor if you have any concerns before joining our classes. Healthy bodies are happy bodies!
What to wear
Comfortable clothing that you can move and stretch in!
- a short or long top
- barefoot / anti-slip socks / flexible sole slipper
- optional coinbelt / hipscarf
Don’t have a coinbelt? We sell some in classes, or you can simply bring a winter scarf to wrap around your hips. Some students don’t wear a scarf nor a belt so don’t worry if you prefer to opt out!
“It is a huge self-esteem booster when your own body impresses you.” – Katia (one of our wonderful students)