Learn with us through Zoom livestream
Weekly virtual 1-hour classes
Thursday 6th May 2021
Level 1 at 5.15pm (BST) with Fleur
Level 2/3 at 6.30pm (BST) with Fleur
Level 4 at 7.45pm (BST) with Fleur
Saturday 8th May 2021
Level 1 at 2.00pm (BST) with Fleur
Level 2/3 at 3.15pm (BST) with Fleur
Level 4 at 4.35pm (BST) with Fleur
Level 5/6 at 5.50pm (BST) with Sofia
HOW TO BOOK
MONTHLY PASS (lockdown special) for £39 = Unlimited access to as many of our online drop-in classes as you want during a whole calendar month. Book your monthly pass here – we will then send you all the zoom links to our virtual drop-in classes each week for you to enjoy.
1 x CLASS ONLY: We’ll keep it simple: if you’re in a position to be able to pay full price for the class, we’d hugely appreciate your support. Coronavirus has already impacted our finances, and will continue to do so. We’re fully independently owned, receiving no government help. We’re working hard to keep our school alive, and we hope you’ll find dancing with us online valuable!
To book a class: pay £13 online here and in the order comments box let us know **which class** you’d like to join. We’ll then send the relevant Zoom URL to you. Our heartfelt thanks to you for your kind support. We’re grateful to be able to keep our school alive at this difficult time 🙂
If you’re experiencing financial struggle, you can join our class for a donation of a different amount such as £7 / £10 etc (minimum donation is £5). These donations are made by bank transfer. Email us for our bank details, then let us know once you’ve made the payment and which class you’d like to join. Thank you!
If you don’t receive an order confirmation email from us after booking please check your spam inbox. You can also add our email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your contacts list.
You need fast speed internet to fully benefit from our livestream class. You may want to do a Zoom test with a friend first (by doing a quick video call for example) before purchasing our non-refundable classes.
Health & Safety
- Check your surrounding area to be sure you won’t trip over anything on the floor (just in case!)
- For health and safety reasons, we cannot accept beginner/improver students into the advanced class – we can only accept advanced students in the advanced class
Disclaimer: As with any form of exercise, be sure to listen to your body and only do what feels comfortable for you. Your instructor will guide you safely through each class, but please note that you are responsible for your personal health and safety at all times.
How to take part
- Have the same name displayed on your Zoom account as the name you registered for the class with so that we can cross-check your attendance with our class register and grant you access to the class
–> Enter the Zoom link up to 5mins before class starts
- Join the class on time to avoid being held in the online waiting room during the several warm-up songs 🙂
- Have your device’s video and mic switched on so that you can communicate with the instructor during the class, and so that the instructor can make corrections or advise you on techniques. Keep mic muted when songs are playing, to avoid interference noise; they will be switched on only when we need to communicate vocally between us.
–> We appreciate you having your video on, it facilitates social connection in a time of isolation.
- Use the fastest internet you have available, and close other apps / programs on your device that could slow down the Zoom livestream.
TROUBLESHOOTING FOR ZOOM
If you have any issues during an online class, here are some tech fixes we recommend you try:
- Click on ‘audio settings’ to double check your device’s sound settings
- Leave the meeting and go back in again (sometimes that magically resolves any problems)
- Leave the meeting, restart your computer and go back into the meeting
- Ensure your computer doesn’t have any other programs / processes running at the same time as the class
PLEASE NOTE: If for some reason the class doesn’t work for you (i.e. unexpected tech issues), we can transfer your fees for you to join another online class the following week.
Not sure how to get ZOOM?
You can download and create a FREE Zoom account on your laptop or tablet. Follow this link to sign up.
The application will install on your computer or laptop when you join your first meeting. You can find apps for your tablet on these links:
When you register for a class, we’ll send you the Zoom URL for that class. You’ll need to click on that link at the time the class is due to start.
Online 10-week courses
Join us for a goal-orientated course!
Level 1 Beginners with Fleur: Sundays @ 1pm (London time) – Starts 28th March 2021
Level 2 Improvers with Fleur: Sundays @ 2:15pm (London time) – Starts 28th March 2021
Fanveils with Fleur: Sundays @ 3:45pm (London time) – Starts 28th March 2021
Belly-Bollywood with Isha: Sundays @ 5pm (London time) – Starts 21st March 2021